This course provides a basic grounding in the operation of computer hardware and software and summarises some of the more recent developments in the field along with their implications for business.
- Introduce computer hardware and software.
- Explain the methods that are used to produce software in the business environment.
- Introduce databases and the Internet.
- Cover security and privacy issues.
- Introduce emerging technologies, such as AI, robotics, Ajax and Web 2.0.
After completing the programme, the student should be able to:
- Give an overview of computer hardware and software.
- Explain how software is developed.
- Describe how databases and the Internet work.
- Analyse how security and privacy issues affect technology and business.
- Suggest how emerging technologies, such as AI, robotics, Ajax and Web 2.0 could create new business opportunities.
- Give a Powerpoint presentation on a recent development in business and technology.
Last updated 3rd December 2007.